Monday 26 July 2010

Bright-on

DAY TRIPS!
A couple of weeks ago Siggy and I dragged Max down to Brighton with us for the day.


My Mum had told me great stories of when she used to visit her Great Aunt Dolly there, who lived in an old Oast house and gave her home grown asparagus and roast beef for Sunday lunches.

Unfortunately our day was not quite to civilised or organic.

As Siggy commented "This isn't exactly the classiest place I have ever visited".
"Martin Parr wouldn't have enough film for this place" was a comment from Max which basically meant the same thing, however in the eyes of the artist.

We did however enjoy the customary fish & chips with mushy peas by the beach.

And I was pretty stoked with these apple and rhubarb custard boiled sweets I bought from a ye olde sweet shop.

Although not quite as happy as Siggy was with his Slush Puppy.
(note his fist class themed outfit)

We killed a bit of time with a round at 'Crazy Golf'. Not quite sure what was most crazy - the shoddy equipment and decrepit course or the fact that I lost when I was 8 strokes ahead....



No comments:

Post a Comment