Saturday 13 June 2009

Bicycle Adventures

In Siggy's last few weeks in Paris, being a gentleman of leisure, he has been taking full advantage of the velib bicycles. When given the chance I have tagged along anddiscovered previously unknown pockets of Paris, in particular some of her many and varied parks.


This sunny Saturday we headed West to the Bois de Boulogne. Absent of all the symetry, regulations and perfection of most of Paris' parks, this was the perfect setting for a bicycle adventure.


Despite it being ideal boating weather, Siggy was not confident of his ability to row me in a boat. Nevertheless, we still managed to see an awful lot on bicyle, including horse racing stadiums, boules tournaments, roland garros, remote control speed boats, an albino duck and waterfalls.


I was so so happy that the rain had stopped for my day off.


After an epic day of cycling (some 28km) including a trip south to the 13th arrondissment, Europe's largest China town) for some asian delicacies, we chilled out on the rooftop with soba noodle salad and tsingtao.
(another self-timer shot which is not quite right...)


I am trying to make the most of the rooftop on these long summer nights. It's so wonderfully raw.


I don't think I could ever get tired of this view.

1 comment:

  1. ChaCha that snap of the river is sublime!
    August is just around the corner my dear ... Can't wait to welcome you back for a lil bit!
    xx

    ReplyDelete