Sunday 7 June 2009

Mumtime V. 2.0

I've recently had the pleasure of the company of my Mother dearest for the second time in 6 months.


Her oldest and bestest friend Louise has also been here. She is lots of fun and loves a beer.


Mum loves Paris almost as much as I do and we are a great team here walking, wining, lunching, dining, shopping, doing galleries, and gardens...


We had an extra special lunch at a private ladies club on the Rue Faubourg St. Honore on Wednesday. I felt like I was in a 19th century novel.

(photos weren't allowed of course so I had to be sneaky...)

Poor Mum got her wallet pick-pocketed on a bus, right after I had been explaining how much nicer the bus was than the metro, and how middle class it was. Luckily Amex came to the rescue within 24hrs so we still managed to have many great meals at Hotel du Nord, La Fidelite, Bistrot Paul Bert and, Tokyo Eat.


I have also been busy working on a little project with Johan and Maria, an exhibition of sound. It's all taking place on the 20th June, so not long now.
The meetings take place at Maria's place usually. She has even more stairs than me!! She has a beautiful place on the 7th floor and she carried her couch up there all by herself - amazing.


Siggy has moved in with me for the last 3 weeks of his time in Paris which is lovely.
It is of course close quarters, my nest being only 12m2.
We are literally face to face.

1 comment:

  1. Ola ChaCha
    Bourgeois buses and ladies' lunches. Le sigh.
    I'd surrender my wallet in a heartbeat if it meant I could be prancing round Paris with you right now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete